A cracking half day tour that packs in so much to see in and around Sintra.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
From Lisbon, head west to Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and so-called fairytale town due to its hills, palaces and villas.
Your guide will lead you on a 1,5-hour tour through the famous Pena Palace (Palácio da Pena), a whimsical Romanticist palace that dates back to the 1840s and was a monastery and summer residence of Portuguese kings and queens. Admire the Victorian and Edwardian furniture and the beautiful, detailed decor. See the majestic ballroom and imagine the aristocrats who once danced there in grand dresses and suits. Sneak a peek in the Arab Room, where tremendous paintings cover the walls and ceiling. Then take a walk through the Pena Park and enjoy the royal air while you see the huge variety of trees and exotic plants.
You’ll have 30 minutes of free time in Sintra. Spend them by either visiting the Sintra National Palace (Palácio da Vila) or enjoying a cup of good coffee with typical pastries such as “travesseiros” or “queijadas de Sintra”.
Continue your tour to Cabo da Roca (March to October only), a dramatic cliff famous for being Europe’s westernmost point. Enjoy the 20-minute break and take pictures of the beautiful landscape and the cape’s small lighthouse.
Your last 10-minute stop is Cascais, a former fishing village and preferred resort for European royals in the early 20th century. Stroll along one of the small beaches before heading back to Lisbon.
Central Lisbon – Comercio Square (Praça do Comércio)
5 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point
- Entrance fee and guided visit of Pena Palace
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 4 years